Monday, June 29, 2009

My Summer Reading Lists

Here's what I tell people I'm reading this summer:
1.
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
2.
The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly
3.
Lush Life by Richard Price
4.
The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolaño
5.
The Silver Swan by Benjamin Black
6.
Animal Spirts by George Akerlof and Robert Shiller
7.
Woman with a Birthmark by Håkan Nesser

Here's what I'm really reading this summer:
1.
Job-Hunting for Dummies, 2nd Edition by Max Messmer
2.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Perfect Resumé, 3rd Edition by Susan Ireland
3.
How to Settle Your Debts without Committing Financial Suicide by Norman Perlmutter
4.
Grow Your Own Pharmacy by Linda Gray
5.
The Complete Do-it-yourself Bike Book by Mel Allwood
6.
How to Rent a Fire Lookout in the Pacific Northwest by Tom Foley & Tish McFadden
7.
Living Off the Grid by David Black

3 comments:

  1. My own reading list looks the same, I listen to the 'find your way' books in the car, and read the literature at night before bed. Less depressing that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reading list is impressive...add Robert Wilson to it if it isn't too late. Your seven books in the "Oh My Gawd" category are depressing, but probably necessary. Love your use of art!

    ReplyDelete