Thursday, May 7, 2009

National Day of Prayer Prayer

Oh Lord -- somebody, anybody, whoever -- the birds have their nests and the foxes have their holes, but there are the homeless, who lay their heads wherever they can, hidden in plain sight. Perhaps you are among them. Do you hear me? If you do, I want to hide myself in you, especially today, when so many strut and shout to get your attention, even when you're not there.

For every day I walk through the valley of the shadow of death and from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved.

Speaking of which, you don't have anything to do with earthquakes or influenza, do you? If not, feel free to leave us alone. We have Hollywood, Harvard and Washington. I guess we're okay for now. So farewell and fare thee well. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment